Be a part of our paddling ʻohana this season! With our season running from March until the end of October each year, we welcome new paddlers throughout the entire season.
We have “Intro to Paddling Classes” each month on designated Saturdays. Check our club calendar for dates and times then RSVP for any Intro to Paddling Class you would like to attend. Once you RSVP you will receive an information packet that will prepare you for a great experience with our hui (club) on the date you have selected.
If your keiki (child) is visually impaired and is interested in being a part of our Nā Koa Makapō (visually impaired warrior) program, we do have a special on-boarding program. For more details, check out our program page.
Have additional questions about membership or our programs? Please check out our Membership FAQ for answers to the most commonly asked questions.
If you still have questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Nā Koa Kai Canoe Club?
- Because we are a youth only program, your child will not be competing with adults for organizational equipment, resources, or individual coaching and mentoring.
- We are a comprehensive cultural immersion program with a well-documented formal curriculum. We encourage you to compare us to any other.
- We have extensive cultural resources in the state of Hawaiʻi which allows us to provide a very rich and culturally deep experience for our youth.
- We are the only Mainland-based cultural immersion program for youth based around the Hawaiian canoe.
- Our coaches are Safe Sport Certified which is a certification required by the U.S. Junior Olympic Committee to promote youth safety in coaching environments.
- Our coaches are life-scan certified which include FBI and DOJ background checks.
- We are charter school approved for both physical and academic education
- We are the only Hawaiian cultural immersion program on the U.S. Mainland whose program takes our youth to Hawaiʻi for further in-depth cultural education.
- We offer scholarship opportunities for our youth who are seeking formal and non-formal secondary education.
- Our programs instill a great degree of self-confidence and help develop strong leadership skills.
Still not sure…? We understand. That is why we ask you to try us out for free with no obligation to join. Please check our calendar for our visitor paddling dates and then RSVP.